Search This Blog

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Do you stand out? Part 2

 



If the world can't tell whether or not you are a Christian, then how do you stand out?  When you claim to be a Christian, trust me, people are always watching and waiting for you to act in an ungodly manner so they can call you a hypocrite. Instead of being a bad example, your lifestyle should point to God so strongly others want to get to know Jesus. 

 

Aside from appearances (as addressed in part 1), there are many issues we need to consider when it comes to being separate from the world.  Please prayerfully consider the areas addressed in the below verses and ask God where He would like you to change so that you can stand out for Jesus.  What is your vice: alcohol, drugs, bad attitude, gossip, filthy talk, sexual perversions, television/movies, occultic/New Age practices?    

 

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,  idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21   

 

Do your friends, co-workers, and family members even know where you stand on such issues?  Are you ashamed and/or afraid to speak out?  I know it's not easy.  If you are too timid to say anything, you can still walk away when someone is telling a dirty joke, gossiping, asking you to drink with them, etc.  Pretty soon your friends/co-workers will respect you and will quit talking about such things in front of you. If they do not, just keep walking away, because they will get your message whether they acknowledge it or not.  I know because I have been the “odd” Christian at all my jobs where co-workers were more careful with their language around me, told their dirty jokes out of my earshot, and quit asking me to go to bars.  Not all the time, of course. There was one man who used to shout “Hallelujah!” just to irritate me. After about the tenth time he realized he would not get a reaction from me, he quit doing so.  He later told me he admired my stand and saw a Light in me that he envied and then I was able to witness to him in words rather than just in action.  And that’s just one example of many I have experienced.   

 

But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.  Matthew 10:33   


Also remember:


For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10


But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts. 1 Thessalonians 2:4

 

The best reason of all to want to stand out from among the crowd is to want to please Jesus Christ. He gave His very life for you and is preparing an eternal paradise for those who faithfully follow His ways. He forgives every sin you repent of and wants only the best for His children.


The goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? Romans 2:4

 

 Also:

 

Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;  as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance;  but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct,  because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.” I Peter 1:13-16

  

And finally:

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.   And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.  Romans 12:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment