Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2022

Praying Scripture



This is going to be brief because I am still feeling pretty exhausted, and my mind is still a bit foggy from the two heavy-duty antibiotics I am on.  Hopefully this will all make sense!  

You have probably heard how important it is to pray scripture.  I just wanted to give a quick example of that and give God the glory!

The first evening I was home from the hospital and had taken my second dose of medications, I was beginning to have a panic attack.  The medications were giving me a migraine and making me very dizzy (among other issues).  I have 30 doses each of these medications to take and I began to worry this was going to be a very long and miserable 10 days.  I stressed over allergic reactions and even worse side effects.  I worried that I had made the wrong decision not to have surgery.  But then I very clearly heard God tell me, "Don't panic!"  I began to calm down and prayed the two scriptures that came to my mind: 

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.  2 Timothy 1:7

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

God's peace swept over me, and I feel asleep.  When I awoke about 30 minutes later, the migraine was gone, I was no longer dizzy, and I was feeling the perfect peace from the Holy Spirit! I fully believe I made the right choice not to have surgery and that the medications will work as they are designed to do. I am in the palms of my Heavenly Father's hands, and He is looking after me, and I am learning to trust Him more and more.

My recovery may take a while, but I am feeling better than I did when I was in the hospital.  I am believing God will protect me through it all.  And each and every time I start to worry, I remind myself not to panic and pray these same verses.

I am really bad at memorization, and one does not have to have scripture memorized to pray the Truths of the Bible; just paraphrasing what it says can bring you comfort.  However, the more you know the Bible and what it says, the more ammunition you have to pray over the hard times in your life to help you find peace and joy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment