Praise God for His Mighty Acts
While praying this morning on what subject to write about next, the phrase, "Praise Him for His mighty acts," kept repeating in my mind. I praised God for His acts of goodness and kindness, but I got to thinking about His act of creation. That is where I am going to take the direction of this blog.
I am a person who loves facts. I love to gather statistics. So, bear with me, but I hope you will find my fact gathering today interesting.
Estimates on the number of the Earth's current species range from 2 million to 1 trillion. There are approximately 6,700 types of mammals and 11,000 species of birds alone.
We really have no way of knowing the total number of all the species out there because it is impossible to see or study every living creature. For example, and I find this totally fascinating, less than 0.001% of the deep ocean seafloor has been physically explored, with the vast majority of the ocean remaining unseen by humans. While satellite data and sonar mapping have provided a broad overview, only 27.3% of the global seafloor has been mapped with modern high-resolution technology. Yet, even with so small of an amount seen, there are still over 33,000 recognized species of fish worldwide (this is just the number of fish, not all the sea life that are technically not categorized as fish).Want more? There are between 14 million to 20 million insect species, although only about 1–1.2 million have been formally described. This is just insects, not arachnids or other creepy crawlies that are not technically considered insects.
Although the Earth has been explored to remarkable depths relative to our technological capabilities, the vast majority of both the Earth’s interior and the deep ocean remains uncharted. Every source I read said we would all be shocked to realize just how little of our planet has been explored. Although mapping and satellite images are pretty advanced, the depths of the oceans, the depths underground, as well as other areas that are unreachable by human means, such as jungles or extreme heights, are still to be physically travelled. The scientists all agree than less than 20% of our planet has actually been explored!
I am not even going to waste my time on discussing the big bang nonsense or the evolution scam! God created it all!
(Genesis 1:21-25) And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day. And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Doesn't the Bible also tell us that God created not just this planet but others as well? While Genesis 1 mentions only the earth (Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. - Note: Some versions say "Heavens"), the book of Hebrews makes it clear God created multiple worlds:
(Hebrews 1:1-2) God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds.
(Hebrews 11:3) Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
So let me keep on the thread of exploration. There is absolutely no way we could know how much of the galaxy is actually out there, but as far as the scientists have estimated, we have physically visited only a tiny fraction of the Milky Way (our Solar System). They say they have mapped 2 billion stars, but they believe there are at least 400 billion stars and 1,000s of exoplanets. In percentage terms, our physical reach is less than one‑thousandth of 1 % of the way to the nearest star. Although I love astronomy, a lot of what I read was over my head (Yes, pun intended, sorry!), but what it boils down to is that the vast majority of stars, planets, and interstellar regions remain unvisited and unmeasured.
I don't know how many of you may love science and are still reading this, but if you are, I am listing all these facts for a reason. We can never fully know how much our brilliant God has designed and created in our omniverse. It truly staggers the mind to even think about it. Makes me feel like a teeny tiny blip. But what's even more amazing? God loves each and every one of us as individuals! We are not teeny tiny blips to Him! Matthew 10:30 says, "the very hairs of your head are all numbered."
I realize there is so much more I can write about the intricacies of God's creation. The way the human body works so perfectly is no accident. Even the way the sun, moon, and our planet are aligned are perfection. But for today, I will just leave you a few facts just to help you begin to see the wonderment and majesty of God's creation!
When we truly stop and consider all the worlds His hands have made, and that He cares so much for each of us He sent His son to die for us so we could be with Him in all eternity (see John 3:16)? Wow! As Greater Vision sings, I could never praise Him enough!
(Psalm 150:1-6) Praise ye the Lord. Praise God in His sanctuary: praise Him in the firmament of His power. Praise Him for His mighty acts: praise Him according to His excellent greatness. Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet: praise Him with the psaltery and harp. Praise Him with the timbrel and dance: praise Him with stringed instruments and organs. Praise Him upon the loud cymbals: praise Him upon the high sounding cymbals. Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.
Song below: "How Big is God" Medley (Gene McDonald also sings a beautiful version of "How Big is God?" but I wanted to share this medley sung by The Guardians) :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCHIIMN0xU0&list=RDvCHIIMN0xU0&start_radio=1

No comments:
Post a Comment