I recently wrote on letting go and letting God take our burdens (https://thankful-julie.blogspot.com/2026/07/let-go-and-let-god-i-surrender-all.html), but two sad incidents close to home have inspired me to readdress this topic. Less than a month apart, two men between the ages of 20-35 (I don't remember their exact ages) were reported missing. Both were said to be seen or headed to popular hiking trails. Both of these trails are ones my husband and I have hiked and taken photos at. They are both less than 30 miles from where we live, and one is even about 10 miles away. Their stories are devastating regardless of location in proximity to where we live, and sadly, their tales are not all that rare. They were both found after ending their own lives. At least one of these men was married with young children.
I have written about depression before (https://thankful-julie.blogspot.com/2025/09/when-you-surrender-your-all-to-jesus-he.html), so I am not going to specifically dwell on that subject, but I just wanted to write about the tragic state of people not learning to accept Jesus as One who can help them through whatever circumstances they are facing. Rather than pushing Him away so hard they consider and even follow through with ending their own lives.
You may think I am ignorant and I do not know what horrors you have gone through and there is no way Jesus could ever help you heal from the pains of your past. You may think I am too naive to believe that Jesus will save your soul and forgive you because you have committed sins beyond His mercy. You would be half right. I am ignorant and naive in many areas, but not when it comes to the saving grace of Jesus Christ.
Some scars run so very deep that you may think Jesus' Light will never reach the dark and twisted places in the cracks of your heart and soul. But have you really given Him the chance to help? Have you really truly said, "I give up, Lord, I cannot heal on my own. I know my past cannot be erased, but I know You can send a healing flood of peace, joy, and forgiveness throughout my entire body that can help me begin to heal." Healing takes time, it can even come and go, but when you trust Jesus enough to help bring you peace in place of your dark thoughts, you can begin the process. You must also give up demonic influences that hold you down such as drugs/alcohol to numb the pain, ungodly entertainments, false religions, new age/occult activities, sex outside of marriage, and even some people. If you keep holding onto the worldly practices that go against the Bible, it makes it much harder to capture and maintain healing from Jesus. Let Him transform you inside and out and you CAN find joy, peace, hope, and forgiveness.
If you think you have done too many evil deeds for Jesus to save your soul, this is unbiblical. Nowhere have I read in the Bible that Jesus will only save the souls of those who have committed sins from a certain list. Yes, there are sins listed that say they will send us to hell (see at least Galatians 5:16-21 & Revelation 20:11-12 & 21:7-8), but those are the sins people refuse to repent from. 1 John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Confess to Jesus and ask Him to help you not to go back to those same sins. Say a sincere prayer and ask Jesus into your heart, read your Bible and stay grounded in His Word so you truly learn what is right in wrong in the eyes of God. And as I said in the above paragraph, give up all ungodly practices in order to let Jesus help you stay saved.
Without Jesus one cannot heal from a painful past or be forgiven from sins. Worldly healings are temporary when one uses drugs or other sinful means to mask the pain. Please let Jesus help you find permeant healing. (I have included 2 songs at the end of this writing that also helped inspire this blog.)
I don't know if this writing is helping anyone, but my words are not what matter. I will leave with some verses that I pray will help anyone who is feeling hopeless and helpless. May the Bible always be your lifeline if you ever consider ending your life. Here are a few verses to get you started to remember what Jesus can be to you (These are just a few examples; you can look up each word on a Bible search engine for many more):
(John 3:16) For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(Matthew 9:6)But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins.
(Acts 5:30-32 & 8:22) The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance... and forgiveness of sins. And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him. Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.
(Acts 26:18) To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
(Colossians 1:13-14) Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins.
(1 John 1:9) IF WE CONFESS OUR SINS, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
(Exodus 15:26) And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments... I am the Lord that healeth thee.
(Psalm 147:3) He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
(Matthew 11:29-30) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
(2 Corinthians 4:8-9) We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed.
(Psalm 103:1-5) Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
(Nehemiah 8:10) The joy of the Lord is your strength.
(Isaiah 61:3) To console those who mourn… To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.
(Romans 15:13) Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
(James 4:7-10) Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
(Psalm 30:5) Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.
(Philippians 4:6-7) Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
(John 10:10) I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

No comments:
Post a Comment