Search This Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2022

"We do not want to be eternally separated from those we love."

 




(Originally posted on July 19, 2021)

This is another blog inspired by a dream I had last night. I am not certain if this dream was from God or from my own imagination.  Either way, the dream has a message I feel I should share.   

I dreamt my husband and I ran into a man (I will call him Friend, even though he did not have a name in the dream) that had been a close friend to my late brother.  Now, let me stop right there. I have never had a brother and my dear sister has lived a very Godly life. Therefore, if this dream was from the Lord, the "brother" in the dream may have been symbolic of my spiritual brothers and sisters.  While Friend was speaking to me, I noticed another man (I will call him Watcher) standing somewhat behind Friend and listening very closely to the conversation.  My husband often has angels in his dreams silently watching all that transpires.  I am not certain this second man represented an angel or not, but I believe he did.  Friend took a wild trip down memory lane and was telling me all about my brother's crazy ways and how funny it had been when my brother had wrecked his vehicle when he was drunk.  In fact, all Friend's memories of brother were of rules broken and all-around rebellious ways.

Watcher studied me very closely and looked at me with an expectant expression as if he wanted me to stand up for the things of God instead of silently listening to all the bad acts that had been committed by my late brother. Friend then began to complain that he and Brother had grown sick and tired of all of their family members always preaching at them.  He said it was what had ended his friendship with Brother because Brother eventually caved in, became a Christian, and gave up his ungodly habits.  Friend said he was angry with those that had taken his best friend away from him.

Again, Watcher gave me a look that let me know I was expected to speak up for the Truth.  It was then that it seemed the Holy Spirit took control of my words.  I began to boldly explain to Friend that the reason those with holiness beliefs preach so often about what the Bible says about sin is because those sins can keep them from the kingdom of God.  I pointed to my husband and said that I love him so very much and I cannot stand to be away from him for even an hour. I then said, "Imagine being separated from someone you love for all eternity. The reason we talk about the things of God is because we do not want to be eternally separated from those we love.  We cannot stand the thought of anyone going to hell. The idea of being separated from our loved ones for all eternity is what drives us to speak out and risk rejection and humiliation.  It is out of love for you and others that drives our actions to warn against the sins that can lead you to hell. Not judgmentalism, not legalism, not self-righteousness, but love. Pure love.  Now imagine that kind of love magnified greater than you can fathom.  It is how much God loves you, and He does not want to be eternally separated from you either."

By the time I had finished my speech my husband, Watcher, and Friend's eyes were all filled with tears.  I had said enough to make Friend willing to listen to more things about God and holy living. 

Are you willing to risk being separated for all eternity from those you love?  Time is very, very short.  If you are a believer, now is the time to speak out for holiness.  If you are not a Christian, now is the time to study the Bible and learn what it says about holiness.  

The Lord... is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. Revelation 21:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment