Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2024

You have to actually change your behavior.



From my other Facebook page, "The ABCs of a Joyful Marriage " this week:

Asking God will change you is one thing, being willing to change is a completely different animal entirely! Do not just say, “God has been dealing with me on...” and continue in sin. You have to actually change your behavior, not just feel guilt over doing what you know hurts others. Our daily prayers are honestly and humbly, “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit,” (Psalm 51:10-12) and then eliminating the areas in our lives we feel are stumbling blocks. Prayer is not passive; it is being active and proactive.


No comments:

Post a Comment