Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Five Good Reasons to Give up Secular Entertainment



I always hesitate to repost this again because I know it will make some people angry. But please know I am merely being obedient to God by posting what He asks of me. If you feel convicted to give up TV and movies, it is not me trying to change you, it is the Holy Spirit. Also, as I always say in my videos. I do NOT  think I am any better than anyone else just because I gave up specular entertainment in 2015. I am still a work in progress allowing God to change me in many areas of my life.  The number one reason I encourage people to purge Hollywood from their lives is because of what the Bible says about it, but also because I know the demonic bondages it can cause and I want all of you to be set free!  

Five Good Reasons to Give up Secular Entertainment

I know it may seem I over-preach on the issue of watching television and movies, but I feel God has called me to continually warn my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ just how dangerous secular entertainment is to your soul. I preach the Truth because I love each of you. Although there are more than five verses that easily fit this blog topic, I will limit it today.  This is not my theology, but the Lord's. 

Philippians 4:8 instructs us on where we should place our focus. We are encouraged not to think on (or watch or listen to) anything that is false, dishonorable, unjust, filthy, ugly, unvirtuous, and that which does not praise the Lord.  How many of those negative adjectives describe the movies or television shows you ae watching? 

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. Philippians 4:8

Ephesians 4:8-11 reminds us that we are not to dwell in darkness, but to walk in  the Lord's light. We are to dwell in and focus on the fruits of the Spirit and to know what is acceptable in the eyes of the Lord and then to abstain from fellowshipping with the dark things of the world. Hollywood is full of darkness.  https://thankful-julie.blogspot.com/2020/07/pedophilia-in-hollywood.html  

For you were once darkness,  but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.  Ephesians 4:8-11

Both Galatians 5:19-21 and Revelation 21:8 give us a list of the issues that will keep us out of God's Kingdom.  How many of these sinful behaviors are depicted in movies?  Again, Philippians 4 tells us we are not to focus on such things. This includes not-so-innocent cartoons: https://thankful-julie.blogspot.com/2020/07/the-real-walt-disney.html

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:8

I quote II Corinthians 6:14-18-7:1 a lot because it is the heart of my ministry.  If you call yourself a Christian and say you walk in the Light, you have no business entertaining yourselves with the dark things of Hollywood, or even with secular book, games, or music.  We must not touch, watch, or listen to the things God considers unclean.  Look at all the above verses to determine what is unclean. Wouldn't you much rather be called a son or daughter of God by choosing to walk away from the evil, dark, immoral things of the world than to be cast into the lake of fire just for the sake of entertainment?  

For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said, “I will dwell in them And walk among them. I will be their God, And they shall be My people.” Therefore, “Come out from among them And be separate," says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you. I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters," Says the Lord Almighty. Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. II Corinthians 6:14-18-7:1

No comments:

Post a Comment