Search This Blog

Saturday, October 5, 2024

Hinds' Feet on High Places


 

Whatever you are going through in your life right now, beyond the Bible, I would like to suggest reading this book. I don't recommend books too often, but of all the hundreds of books I have read, "Hinds' Feet on High Places" by Hannah Hurnard is my favorite. I have actually only read through the entire book once (read parts of it many times), but I have decided to listen to the audio book for the first time (I use my local library a lot for on-line books and audio books).

I have considered writing a commentary on this novel but know I could never capture the richness and depth of the story. It is best if you read it for yourself and let the beautiful story seep into every area of your heart and soul.

The last time I read this book I read it aloud with my husband in 2017 or 2018, and it greatly helped me heal from the worst heart break in my life I had experienced in 2014. The Bible is still my number one source of strength, but this book really helped me see how I hard I had held onto fear, pride, and bitterness. And how God had mightily used sorrow and suffering to help me grow. For the first time in my life, I learned to accept the hard times with joy!

Since I have read the book 6-7 years ago, I have experienced several more difficult blows. It was not why I had chosen to listen to this book now, but I am so glad it came back to my mind to do so. I feel like I can now relate even more to Much-Afraid in terms of physical disability than ever before and this book is again helping me heal some deep wounds emotionally and spiritually.

Thank you, Jesus for bringing this book to my heart to read again and thank you for being my precious Shepherd King!

No comments:

Post a Comment