Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2024

Seek the Kingdom of God


I dreamt last night that someone I know called me with a panic in her voice and plead, "I need you to call for help!  He is seeking the Kingdom of God!"  Before I could ask for any further details, I woke up.

I do not know for certain if that dream came from God, but I immediately went to prayer for an unknown person seeking God.  I prayed he would only seek God's Kingdom and no one else.  That his eyes would be opened to anything that would confuse him from knowing the True Kingdom of God and he would capture what he was seeking. That he would not let any previous misconceptions or earthly idols get in the way of seeking God's Kingdom and living right before the Lord. That He would repent and believe in the True Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is also my prayer for anyone reading this, including myself. 

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel. Matthew 1:15

I could write several blogs about seeking the Kingdom of God, but my message today is simple and brief. Remember, God is not hiding from you. In fact, He is chasing you and wants to be found by you.  Keep seeking the Kingdom of God and do not run away from anything He tries to reveal to you.  If He tells you that you need to change your ways of thinking or give up anything keeping you from obtaining His Kingdom, listen and humbly obey His voice.

Here are a few scriptures on seeking God that stood out to me most:

Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God. Leviticus 19:31

Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LordSeek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually. 1 Chronicles 16:10-11

The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. Psalm 14:2

Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:6-7

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33

That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. Acts 17:27-28


No comments:

Post a Comment